Supplier Code of Conduct
The Supplier Code of Conduct outlines our expectations of our suppliers.
Our vision is to be the preferred provider of trusted registry services in Victoria. We recognise that the trust placed in us by our stakeholders, including the Victorian Government, extends to our suppliers. As such, we have developed this Supplier Code of Conduct (Code) which outlines our expectations of our suppliers.
We expect all individuals and entities who supply goods or services to SERV to comply with this Code and the obligations contained within it and to communicate the Code to businesses in their own supply chain and their employees, contractors and any others who assist them in providing services to SERV. This Code supplements, and does not supersede or amend, any applicable regulatory or contractual obligation which a supplier otherwise has to SERV.
The SERV Values
Our SERV Values provide the ethical core for our business decisions, including whom we partner with as suppliers and our expectations of suppliers. We expect our suppliers to be familiar with our values. At SERV, we are Authentic, Bold, Pioneering, Pragmatic and Exceptional.
- Authentic: We are respectful, honest and real
- Bold: We are assertive, proactive and confident
- Pioneering: We are innovative, creative and resourceful
- Pragmatic: We are practical, results-oriented and systematic
- Exceptional: We are high-performing, energetic and motivated
Integrity and ethical conduct
At SERV, we are committed to the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct. Our business operations are based in Melbourne, Australia, and we expect our suppliers to comply with the laws of the State of Victoria and the Commonwealth of Australia.
In addition, we expect that our suppliers:
- comply with all applicable local, national and international laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which they operate, including, without limitation, all applicable anti-bribery, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering laws;
- act ethically and professionally and not bring the integrity or reputation of SERV into disrepute;
- avoid actual, potential or perceived conflicts of interest in their supply to SERV and notify SERV immediately if such issues arise;
- not improperly access, use or disclose any private, confidential or commercially sensitive information in possession of the supplier as a result of its relationship with SERV; and
- not offer (to SERV or otherwise) or receive gifts, benefits or hospitality that could inappropriately influence, or be perceived to inappropriately influence, the outcomes of business transactions.
Labour, human rights and safe workplaces
At SERV, we are against modern slavery in any form. We respect workers’ rights relating to their freedom of association. We therefore expect our suppliers to:
- respect and be committed to upholding human rights;
- comply with applicable local, national, and international laws and regulations in the jurisdictions in which they operate, including with regard to:
- modern slavery: including by ensuring no use of coerced, forced, bonded or indentured labour;
- legal rights to work: including by ensuring their employees have relevant work rights and visas and are above the applicable minimum legal working age; and
- employment entitlements: including with regard to working hours, wages, superannuation (or like entitlements), leave and holidays and compensation for work injuries;
- comply with applicable health and safety laws, including codes of practice, and take reasonably practicable steps to ensure a safe workplace and minimise risks to health and safety in their workplaces;
- recognise freedom of association and allow workers to (or not to) join trade unions and collectively bargain; and
- take appropriate steps to prevent unlawful discrimination and harassment, including sexual harassment or bullying.
Information privacy and data security
We’re proud to be a custodian of Victorian public sector information and personal information. We take our responsibility to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of this information seriously. SERV is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and required (by Gazette) to comply with Part 4 of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) and the Victorian Protective Data Security Framework and Standards.
We expect our suppliers to:
- have best-practice information privacy and data security systems and procedures to protect against the unauthorised access, use, storage and disclosure of personal information and confidential data;
- have appropriate practices and procedures to monitor compliance with applicable laws and contractual requirements regarding privacy and data security;
- work cooperatively with SERV on all privacy and data security matters, including by providing any information, documents and accesses as SERV may reasonably require;
- not do anything that would in any way compromise the security of SERV’s systems, networks, data or resources; and
We are committed to sustainability and minimising our environmental impact. We expect our suppliers to uphold this commitment and to:
- comply with any applicable environmental laws and regulations; and
- actively avoid harming, and seek to protect, the environment in which they operate.
Compliance and governance
We expect our suppliers to adopt a system of appropriate management and governance to ensure monitoring of compliance with relevant local, national, and international laws, their contractual arrangements with SERV and this Code. This expectation includes the identification and management, including appropriate mitigation, of compliance risks and potential impacts on the reputation of the supplier and/or SERV.
Questions, feedback and assistance
Please raise any concerns with your SERV contact or the SERV Company Secretary via email@example.com.
In circumstances where the SERV Whistleblower Policy applies, issues may also be raised through the mechanisms set out in that Policy, including raising issues with SERV’s independent service provider, Deloitte, at australia.deloitte-halo.com/whistleblower/website/SERV